It’s always a good idea to have a time frame before starting a remodeling project. Even with a time schedule, determining how much time a project might take to complete is not always exact, but here are a few things to keep in mind.
There are several factors that will determine the length of the time to complete a project:
- Size – With all services and specifications being the same, it will be far more quicker and easier to handle a 1,000 square feet project versus a 100,000 square feet project. But there are some things that can cause a smaller project to take longer than a larger project.
- Change Orders – After a project has been approved, a client might request changes to the blueprints, specifications or other things in the project. This will add more time than what was originally planned, depending on the type of request being made. This leads us to the next element that can alter a timeline for a project.
- Complexity – This is the depth and extent of work required. Some services can be handled in a matter of hours or days, but others can take longer. Inspections, ordering specific materials, required specialized knowledge or labor are things to take into account for certain projects and are mostly under the control of third parties.
By knowing these factors and working closely with your contractor, you can have a better perspective on the day of project completion. Here are some tips:
- Once the design has been approved and the project has been awarded, meet with the remodeling contractor to set clear expectations
- Maintain an open and clear communication during the whole process
- Present any change order as soon as you are aware so they can try to work it into the schedule and order anything they might need as early as possible.
- Establish a reasonable deadline where the work can be done as swiftly as possible without sacrificing quality.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you, please reach out to us at email@example.com and we would be more than happy to help you with your remodeling project. Your satisfaction and the quality of our work are our main goals!